Here at Oryx Car Rental nothing is more important than the save return of our valued Customers.
Therefore we have listed a few driving Safety Guidelines when travelling on the vast Namibian Roads. Please take some time to read through them.
- In Namibia we drive on the left hand side of the road.
- Speed Limit on the main tarred roads is 120 km/h and on the gravel roads we recommend a save driving speed of 80 km/h. this will give you the opportunity to take in the beautiful scenery.
- Take a lot of stops to rest in between the long distances.
- Do not try and attempt to drive through flooding rivers or Flood plains.
- When driving in a convoy on gravel roads leave sufficient space between you and the front vehicle in order for the Dust to settle.
- Please try and avoid any fast steering or swerving action on gravel roads, otherwise you will lose control of the vehicle.
- Always make sure that the wheels and tyres are in a good condition with sufficient tyre pressure.
- Always plan enough time each day to reach your destination before dark. This will ensure that you can relax and enjoy the beautiful Namibian Sunsets.
Hope to hear from you soon.